Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I Miss Him When I'm at Work


Well it was back to work this week. On Monday Dustin was off for Columbus Day so he stayed home with Jack. I worked a 4 hour day, but with the commute and paperwork Dad was home with the boy ALONE for 6 hours! They did just fine. I didn't do too bad either. It was much easier leaving him with Dustin. The 2 of them spent the day walking the dog and playing NCAA football on the play station. Jackson only had one melt down...and I learned a good lesson. Don't leave Dad to put on an outfit that you have never tried on the baby first. Dustin asked that I leave some clothes out for Jack and I picked this cute outfit. I have been slowly moving out his newborn clothes and adding in 3-6 month clothes. I had never put this outfit on Jack before and it was made of cotton, but not a very stretchy cotton. When Dustin was trying to put on a long sleeved shirt I don't know if he caught Jack's finger or twisted his arm funny, but apparently Jackson started screaming bloody murder. It took Dustin about 30 minutes to calm him down, but he did it all by himself without a call to mom. Yeah Dad!
Tuesday was a much harder day. I took Jackson to his school...I like to call it school, it makes me feel better than day care. These pictures are from his first day of school. The ladies that work there are very nice and they welcomed him with warm and open arms. I don't have any fears that they won't take care of him, it is just hard being away from him. I cried on my way to work, but was able to work the whole day without any tears. Dustin picked him up and the ladies said he was the only baby that day not to have a melt down. His favorite place was to sit in the bouncy chair. He ate his breast milk well and was happy when Dustin picked him up after work. It was a good first day at school.
The rest of the week continued to go well. I can't tell you how excited I am to get home from work every day. It actually gives me more energy and I feel no fatigue at the end of the day, of course the longest day I worked was 6 hours so we will see when that jumps up to a 9 hour day. Everyday gets a little easier and as long as he seems happy I am happy. Having Wednesdays off is great. We get to spend the whole day together, just like old times!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I liked the pic with Dustin pleying video games Jack fast asleep and looking like he is slowly sliding down the couch!! Yeah Dust