Friday, October 3, 2008

First Ute Game


Last Saturday we took a chance and tried out Jackson at a Ute home football game. The game was against Weber State, who is a mediocre division II team. Going into the game the Utes were 4-0 and ranked 18th. We loaded Jackson into the sling and off we went. I had a pretty good feeling because he had been to 3 high school football games, where my clinic helps out with injuries on the sidelines. He had been in the sling for those games and never complained. My only concern was the noise in the stadium. It was a beautiful 6:00 start with the temperature around 80 degrees.







Once we got in the stadium I did put some cotton in his ears, but it wasn't until I could put his beanie on later in the game that it stayed put. I fed him before the game and then again at half time. The problem was finding a place where I did not stand out too much to breast feed him. We are not allowed to leave the stadium so I had to find somewhere in the stadium and did not want to feed him sitting on the toilet in the bathroom. I found a pretty good spot and it worked out great.
Sometimes I really think that he is too good to be true. He was awake and asleep on and off throughout the game, but I did not have to get up and walk around or anything. It is a good thing, because his dad never leaves a game until the last second has ticked off the clock! It is also a good thing that the Utes won because his dad is in such a bad mood when they lose. The didn't play great, but came out with a "W".

It was also a good day for me because Oregon kicked the living snot out of WSU again! Sorry Mom, Dad and especially the Sorenson family!

No comments: