Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grandma Kelty to visit






On August 5th Grandma Kelty came for a visit (my mom). Unfortunately, Grandpa David was unable to make it (He has plans to come out in November). We first surprised Grandma by Jack and I picking her up at the airport. She thought that Dustin was coming to pick her up. I think she liked the surprise, even if it did bring her to tears (me too!).




It was so nice having her here, she was such a big help. I don't think she knows how much help she actually was. When Dustin went back to work even simple tasks such as showering and eating became difficult. With mom here I no longer had to worry about that stuff. She even did the dishes and the laundry...it was great.




I don't think she minded the work...her payoff was her grandson. She said all of her friends told her how indescribably wonderful it would be to be a grandparent and she said that it really was true. Again, like being a parent I would imagine that being a grandparent brings the same immediate and unconditional love and joy.




The longer my mom was here the more she realized the constant changes in Jackson and the need to come back as soon as possible. In the short time she was here Jack was better able to hold up his head and he was beginning to track objects. He had even made a few cooing noises. I have to give my mom a hard time, however, she tends to spoil that boy beyond belief. If she doesn't go broke now, she surely will by the time he can actually vocalize what he wants!




Mom was here for Jackson's 2 week appointment. When he went to the doctor he weighed in at 7 lbs and 12 oz and he was 20 inches long. His doctor said he was developing normally and everything was looking good. She suggested I start pumping and to have Dustin start giving him a bottle every once and a while in order for him to get used to it (I just started pumping a couple days ago...I am such a procrastinator). Jack had to have his PKU test done (have is heel pricked) and he put up with it very well. His shots will be at his 8 week appointment so we don't have to worry about that yet.




It was great having grandma here for both Grandma and I...And of course Jack! I look forward to her many visits in the future. I have a feeling there will be many! Thanks Mom! I love you!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Kristen,
I had the time of my life! I loved holding Jackson and loving him and watching him sleep, begin to look around , hold my finger, kick his feet and arms and marveling at every change. I loved seeing what a great Mom you are Kristen. You and Dustin are so patient and loving. What a lucky boy Jack is. All of your parent preparation has really paid off. I wish I were as well prepared when you were born. I wanted so much to be a good Mom that I was sooo anxious. I love all of you so much!! I look forward to my next visit and Grandpa David is eager to meet Jack as well.