Tuesday, August 19, 2008

FIRST 2 WEEKS





Things have been going well. Dustin took the first week off and then worked half days the second week. It sure was nice having him here. Not only was it nice to have the help, but it was nice to have an adult to talk to. Jackson has been a very good baby. He does not fuss too much and he has been sleeping about 2-3 hours at a time at night. After getting up a couple of times at night our days are spent with him eating, sleeping and pooping. He sleeps a lot and if he is awake it is to eat or have is diaper changed.



His most fussy time is having his diaper changed. He doesn't seem to like being naked. Part of it is that his circumcision is still healing and he is tender. His umbilical cord is still healing and has not fallen off yet. The hard part is that when he gets really mad,like when having his diaper changed, he tends to pee. He has already peed in his own face and he was definitely not happy about that. With the occasional peeing on himself and with his leaky diapers I seem to change his outfits a couple of times a day. I have never done so much laundry and I hate doing laundry. The good news is that because of all our generous friends he has a lot of outfits to choose from and I don't have to do laundry daily.


While things have been going well it is amazing how tired you can get keeping up with a new born. My typical day is to get up in the morning and somehow get a shower. This occurs if I can put him in his bouncer and then put him in the bathroom. If this doesn't occur I have to wait until Dustin gets home from work. I then organize the computer, my book, phone, the TV remote and my water on the coffee table. These are the essential items I need for me. For Jackson I keep the Boppy, his swaddling blanket and several pillows on hand. We watch TV and sometimes a movie. I occasionally get on the Internet and I have to remember to get something to eat both at breakfast as well as lunch time. I have thought several times that I am a lazy bum and typing this out now, I really feel lazy, but during the day I feel like there is nothing else I have time for.


I have started walking Daisy again in the morning. Daisy is dealing well with the new baby. She generally tends to sniff him and occasionally lick him gently. She is a little pouty, but now gets excited when I get out Jackson's stroller because it means she gets to go for a walk. Dustin makes sure to cuddle her when he gets home from work and then he cuddles with is son and they fall asleep for a nap together.


Overall things have been going extremely well. I am healing from the birthing experience, but slowly and I feel a little better every day. I cannot explain the joy Jack brings to us on a daily basis. Looking back it seems there was a hole in our family that we were not aware of. It is amazing how much you can love such a little thing. I tell him I love him every day, several times every day!

No comments: